The much anticipated Leica S3 medium format camera, first announced at Photokina, is now shipping. The new flagship from Leica packs a brand new 64 megapixel 30 x 45 mm medium format sensor, expanded 4K video capabilities and some of the most dramatic imaging potential from a camera system – for use both in the studio and out in the field. Capture the world with the storied Leica look in the highest fidelity possible.
Leica S-Lenses are the highest quality optics in the medium format world, and with fast autofocus and burst shooting, the S3 is a system that can excel in just about any application. High-speed lenses such as the Leica Summicron-S 100 f/2 ASPH. encapsulate the benefits of the S-System – the Leica look and falloff from incredible sharpness to beautifully blurred bokeh that is a signature style of S-Cameras, now at an even higher resolution with the S3. With 16 lenses to choose from, some equipped with Central Shutters for high-speed flash sync, the Leica S3 is equipped to meet the needs of any pro in need of a workhorse system.
Features & Benefits at a glance
- New 64mp medium format sensor for unprecedented image quality from Leica S
- Lenses–4K video recording across the full width of the sensor for the signature Leica look in video
- ISO range of 100 - 50,000 for working in any lighting scenario
- Dual shutter system with Focal Plane Shutter or Central Shutter lens options
- Rugged and weather-sealed build for use in the field and withstanding the elements
- Tethered shooting workflow options for use in the professional studio
- Leica FOTOS connectivity for mobile editing solutions on iPad, iPhone, and Android.