The Leica CL ‘Edition Paul Smith’ is now the second special edition created in collaboration with the acclaimed British designer Paul Smith. The classic black Leica CL has been given a design makeover by Paul Smith’s team and now appears in a vibrantly colorful look. With its rich accent colors and unique styling elements, the eye-catching special edition limited to 900 examples is a must-have for connoisseurs who appreciate the bold and sublime.
In addition to the Leica CL camera, the presentation box created especially for the set contains an Elmarit-TL 18 mm f/2.8 ASPH. lens and a Neon Rope Strap with Paul Smith and Leica branding. The special edition also includes a lens cleaning cloth in matching unique design and a certificate of authenticity.
Classic with a Twist
In 2012 Leica and Paul Smith excited the world with the unique cooperation of a camera brand and a fashion brand. Until this day fans of both worlds are still asking for the strictly limited Leica "Edition Paul Smith".
Paul Smith graced the classic Leica CL with his personal "twist“ - the outcome is again, a unique edition: A discrete colorful camera, a special Paul Smith rope strap, a cleaning cloth with a photo collage of heritage Leica cameras complemented by the extraordinary compact 18mm TL lens - all packed in a superior box individualized by Paul Smith Design.
The set comprises a Leica CL camera with a bold blue top plate, vibrant accent colors on its top buttons and striped across the camera's bottom, and unique design elements with a hand-drawn sketched look. Atop the viewfinder is an illustration of a large eye, while "look and see" is found on the camera's rear in Paul Smith's distinctive handwriting along with his signature. These artistic highlights are a reference to Paul's famous quote, "many people look, but often they don't see." This edition is limited to 900 sets worldwide.
- 900 sets worldwide
- World’s most tactile APS-C System Camera
- Compatible with all Leica TL & SL lenses
- Adaptable to use Leica M and R lenses
- Built-in electronic viewfinder, 2.34 MP resolution, and 0.74x magnification
- Locking mechanical diopter adjustment
- Fast Auto Focus performance with a 49-point AF system
- 24MP APS-C sized sensor
- ISO range of 100-50,000
- Maestro II processor
- Fast touch and gesture responsiveness for optional touchscreen controls
- Mechanical shutter speed max. of 1/8,000
- Electronic shutter speed max. of 1/25,000
- Option for full-time electronic shutter, making the shutter completely noiseless
- Quick burst shooting up to 10 fps with either a mechanical shutter or electronic shutter
- DNG+JPG shooting for up to 33 shots in continuous burst
- Focus peaking and magnification for manual focus aid
- 4K video recording @ 30fps
- 1080p Full-HD video recording @ 30/60fps
- Compact all-metal body with anodized aluminum top and bottom cover
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Made in Germany