Leica 28mm f5.6 Summaron-M
A reincarnation of a classic and compact screw mount lens from the 1950s the Leica 28mm Summaron-M is back and more compact than ever. The new 28mm Summaron M features a compact design that allows one to carry the lens on their M camera without even noticing it is even there. The 28mm Summaron is ideal for reportage photography due to its small and discrete design. Focusing the 28mm Summaron-M is easy due to the broad depth of field the lens produces at F5.6 and beyond.
- Optical design similar to the original Summaron 28mm f/5.6 lens
- Most compact M-Lens, with an overall length of about 3/4” (less than 2cm) is unobtrusive and ideal for street photography
- Provides unmistakable imaging signature which otherwise cannot be reproduced by digital means
- Through its combination of large depth of field, natural contrast, excellent rendition of details, and visible vignetting, the Summaron-M gives images a unique character, reminiscent of analog photography
- Combination of a clearly laid out depth of field scale and long focus throw allows precise and easy zone focusing
- Depth of field scale is colored in red
- Assembled by hand from top quality materials and finished in Silver Chrome
- Made in Germany and delivery scope includes metal lens hood and cap.
- The design and manufacturing process of the metal lens hood has ben recreated to match the original
- Summaron lens . It is first machined from solid brass and then given its ultimate form by a turning and bending process.